Sunday, December 07, 2008

almost there.....

Just 3 more days and i'll be done with my last fall semester in college. .....spooky. i'm actually not stressed out for once. probably because i failed italian a while ago, and pattern grading was for only half the semester. and aside from a few zippers needing to be put in, i'm pretty much done with the muslins for my thesis. i think the one thing that's stressin me out the most is that my ROyal College of Art application has to be in by january 19th. eep. so i'm going to be on a hat making spree until then.

Ok i thought this was the cutest pic on earth. I helped out a friend for a grant project over the summer. Its called Alphabet soup and everyone made one plush letter. I got the letter A, which you can see is the 3rd letter from the left. All the letters were put in a kiddie pool covered in faux fur with a big vinyl spoon to play with. for the instalation at school, there were drawings that James did of all the letters that each sewer got to keep (i still gotta go get mine). So after the weisman instalation at school, James donated it to a school in the south loop, and this was the picture he took of the kids with the letters. I was really glad to be a part of the project

this was a photo that my roomate took early in november. no staging or anything. i nearly wet myself when i saw this for the first time laughin so hard

and as far as biking goes, ITS EFFFING COLD OUTSIDE! i rode home last night from UIC when lee and i got dinner and i didn't know if i was going to make it. also, i quit smoking. i thought i was having an asthma attack last night

here's lee in his bike room putting on my new pedals. he's so sweet, he does all my bike matinence
and here's my bike with my new pedals and toe clips. ridiculously cute. the clips are great because i've been wearing boots as of late for riding and they keep my feet from slip slidin all over the place

No comments: