Monday, May 05, 2008

busy busy busy


so its the end of the school year, and just when everything gets crazy, i get sick. granted it was worth it, but a week and a half later i'm dragging. dad brought boxes over yesterday and i started packing already. i'm really excited to move to wicker park, i think it will be very condusive to my creative process. river shitty *ahem* city is really getting on my nerves as i have 10 days to go till i get the keys. yes i will miss the fact that when its a -10 windchill in february i won't be able to walk 4 blocks to school, but i definitely will apriciate a wall and a door being between my sleeping space and my kitchen and trash can. i'm itching to start on my summer collection in the studio space that's bigger than my entire appartment right now. i look forward to sitting out on the porch on those hazy july nights with a beer in hand and a book in the other. i look forward to just being able to get out and about and have things to do. last summer i spent my time like rapunzel sitting on my balcony watching the world but not interacting with it. i sat around waiting for my prince charming to come to me. that may be the case this summer as well as that boy frustrates me to no end, but that'll take a back seat to riding my bike around. i don't know how i'll faire in a neighborhood, i've never really lived in a neighborhood. i lived on a farm for 15 years, then was transplanted to a stepford wives subdivision when i was a little goth girl and stayed inside, and then i ran away to tall glass and cement towers where people refused to look each other in the eye. i've never really known what its like to have neighbors. apparently some cute guys from the art institute will be sharing my porch with me. what i'm not looking forward to is the hike it'll be in the winter to get to school, although carli has promised car rides in exchange for making her go to school. i am looking forward to being a skinny thing by the end of the summer from all the bike riding i'll be doing. i'm also not looking forward to what a pain its going to be to get to vogue fabrics, or textile outlet. i suppose that'll cut me back on that

ok, i really need to get to homework and more packing. i'm amazed at the ammount of crap i've accumulated in 2 years

No comments: